Milestones in the company history of THIMM
- Walter Felix Thimm founds the company in Herzberg am Harz.
- Start of the company's corrugated cardboard production.
- Klaus Thimm becomes a personally liable shareholder alongside his father.
- Establishment of the company’s European sales network in France, the Netherlands and Denmark.
- Introduction of the patented belt pre-print process for high-quality packaging printing.
- Expansion of the corporate strategy with the Central and Eastern Europe strategy along with the specialisation and key account strategy.
- Market entry into the Czech Republic through the construction of a corrugated cardboard plant on a greenfield site near Prague.
- Construction of the central print works for flexo-roll pre-print in Northeim.
- Introduction of the company umbrella brand THIMM – THE HIGHPACK COMPANY and structuring of the product and service portfolio into the packaging, print, display, service (multi-materials) and consulting business divisions.
- Departure of Klaus Thimm from operations to join the company advisory board. Mathias Schliep takes over the management board.
- Expansion of the display division by the takeover of a manufacturer in this market segment.
- Market entry into Romania and construction of a new plant for further expansion in Eastern Europe.
- Takeover of a multi-material packaging specialist in southern Germany.
- New market branding under the umbrella brand THIMM – THE HIGHPACK GROUP. All business divisions receive an independent logo for their independent further development in their market segments.
- Strategic partnership with Christiansen Print (Ilsenburg); expansion of its market position as the largest flexo pre-printer in Europe for the corrugated cardboard industry
- Expansion of the production network in Central and Eastern Europe through a majority stake in a corrugated cardboard factory in Southern Poland as part of a joint venture with the Spanish packaging company SAICA.
- Takeover of display manufacturer Hohendahl Wellkarton GmbH by THIMM Display (Essen).
- Commissioning of new production sites in the Bremen freight centre and Duisburg Inner Harbour.
- Takeover of the REKA corrugated cardboard plant in Lohhof and foundation of THIMM Verpackung Süd.
- Commissioning of a new production site in Germersheim.
- Construction of the new THIMM Verpackung production site in Holledau.
- Full takeover of Christiansen Print GmbH with sites in Ilsenburg and Garancières-en-Beauce (France).
- Foundation of CARTONARA®, the e-commerce platform for standardised packaging and added-value accessories.
- Brand merger of THIMM Display and THIMM Verpackung and THIMM Packaging to create THIMM pack‘n‘display.
- Takeover of the Polish supplier of corrugated cardboard packaging United Packaging SA by TOP Packaging
- Takeover by THIMM Packaging Systems of the German ISL Gruppe, a supplier of foam solutions and technical moulded parts.
- Commissioning of new office space in in Göttingen by THIMM Group start-ups
- Focus on the consumer goods industry through the sale of the industrial goods division THIMM Packaging Systems to the Japanese Rengo Group.
- Mathias Schliep moves to the Board of Directors. As the third generation of the Thimm family, Kornelius Thimm takes on the role of CEO.
- THIMM is implementing a new brand and cultural project across the Group. When simplicity feels good. It’s THIMM time.