United Packaging successfully taken over – THIMM expands in Poland
News | 02.10.2019
TOP Packaging, the joint venture owned by THIMM Group and located in Tychy in southern Poland, has successfully taken over United Packaging SA in Skarbimierz. The agreement with United Packaging was already signed at the beginning of August. The takeover of United Packaging took effect on 01.10.2019 following examination by the Polish cartel office and its approval.
United Packaging SA is a local provider of corrugated cardboard packaging with around 100 employees. Thanks to the takeover of United Packaging, not only can production capacities be expanded in Poland, but the location near Wroclaw (Breslau) also shortens the delivery times to Polish and international customers. The takeover of United Packaging is a further strategic step for the growth of the THIMM Group, which is based in Northeim in the German state of Lower Saxony, as the Polish market is one of the most important markets in Central and Eastern Europe. Major international companies and many regional companies are already represented on the Polish market.
United Packaging, like TOP Packaging, is a joint venture between the THIMM Group and the Spanish Saica Group. THIMM holds 51 percent of shares in the joint venture, Saica the other 49 percent. The Saica Group is one of the biggest producers of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard. The two family-owned and operated companies have been working together in a strategic alliance since the end of the 1990s.