REWE Group Austria uses this sustainable packaging, amongst other products, for organic tomatoes from its own brand JA! Natürlich. The packaging for fruit and vegetables is an environmentally-friendly alternative to plastic trays.
THIMM produced the packaging for fruit and vegetables for packing organic tomatoes from grass paper. The packaging was printed in Flexo-High Quality PostPrint (HQPP). HQPP, in combination with the E-flute, has an impressively high print quality. The packaging for fruit and vegetables is sealed by 4-point bonding, so-called outer point bonding. The packaging for fruit and vegetables is shipped nested to save volume.
Specific features of the packaging for fruit and vegetables
- Excellent print quality: Very good print quality can be achieved by using Flexo-High Quality Postprint (HQPP). Water-based inks are used for the printing. The packaging for fruit and vegetables has been printed on all sides so that end-consumers can see all the information they need.
- Easy stacking during transportation: Packaging for fruit and vegetables can be stacked and nested to save space during transportation.
- Visually appealing packaging for fruit and vegetables: By using grass corrugated cardboard instead of plastic, organic tomatoes look visually appealing which encourages consumers to make impulse purchases. This also puts prevents confusion with conventional goods in the supermarket.
Sustainable packaging for fruit and vegetables
- Sustainable disposal of packaging: Packaging for fruit and vegetables is made 100% from corrugated cardboard and is therefore environmentally-friendly, sustainable and perfectly recyclable via the waste paper bin.
- Use of grass corrugated cardboard: Grass corrugated cardboard is created from grass paper, which consists of paper and grass and is therefore a sustainable trend. The corrugated cardboard made from grass paper is produced by THIMM in its corrugators. ISEGA certifications confirm that packaging for fruit and vegetables made from grass corrugated cardboard can be used for direct food contact. In addition, this packaging also enables direct contact with dry, non-greasy foodstuffs as well as with foodstuffs which should be peeled or washed before consumption. The use of grass corrugated cardboard is also suitable for organic food products.
Further fields of application for this packaging
Do you want to package your fruit and vegetables in a sustainable way? This packaging is ideally suited for peel fruits and vegetables. If you want to package freshly cut fruit or vegetables that come into direct contact with the packaging, you can use our foodWave®. This is suitable for direct contact with food.